Sunday, June 29, 2014

Fourth Of July Passion Tea Lemonade

Sunday, June 29, 2014


Hi, my name is Erica, and if you've ever spoken to me you'll know that I am a HUGE advocate of everything Starbucks. Growing up in a small town that didn't get one until I moved away (yeah, Morristown. I'm looking at YOU.), let's just say that when I moved to Texas and there was suddenly one on every corner... I went a little crazy. However, one good thing did come out of that: I wanted to make my own Passion Tea Lemonade and found a recipe. However, I did tweak it to my liking in typical Erica fashion, and everyone always raves about it when I make it. It is the one thing I make that my husband is actually a big fan of and I've been meaning to share it for quite some time now. It's the best summer time drink I can think of, and with July 4th coming up, I wanted to remix it for the holiday! So, without further ado, let's get brewin' y'all!

Here's what you'll need:
1 box Tazo Passion Tea (10 tea bags/half a box)
1 cup of Sugar
2 quarts of Lemonade
1 Pineapple
1 small container of Blueberries
2 quarts + 1 cup of Purified Water



A lot of people prefer not to add sugar to this, as they think the lemonade is sweet enough. As I am southern, I do not agree ;).  So rather than just adding sugar, I make a simple syrup. I start with this so that it can cool while I make the rest of the tea.

To make the simple sugar, all you'll need to do is heat one cup of water and one cup of sugar in a small pot. Once it is boiling, let it boil for one minute, and transfer to the fridge to cool.

Now you'll start on your tea. Take 2 quarts of water (that's 8 cups) and boil it in a large pot. Once boiling, remove from heat and add 10 of your Tazo tea bags to the water. Steep for around 5 minutes.



While the water is boiling and the tea is steeping, cut your pineapple. You can cut it any way you like, into any shape you like. I prefer to cut it into small triangles because it's easier, but you may not let your laziness outweigh your creativity so slice away friend!

Remove the bags from the tea and squeeze them between two spoons to drain. Transfer the tea to a gallon pitcher.

Pour your lemonade in, remembering to leave room for the fruit and simple sugar if you need to. Stir, stir, stir!

Speaking of the simple sugar, stir that in as well while you're in that stirring groooove.

Last step: add in your fruit! I only used about half of the pineapple, but I think it would have been great with the whole thing. I used about a cup and a half of blueberries, but add as many as you feel is right to get a good pineapple:blueberry ratio. If such a thing exists.




I loved the way this tastes, and honestly I bet this would make a PERFECT by-the-pool "adult" beverage with some tweaks. As I was testing it on my three year old, however, I kept my version family friendly. It's been a while since I made it, and the fruit has infused into the flavor and it tastes like the beach. And by the beach, I mean fruity vacation bliss, not old man running in the sand wearing a speedo.

If you want to be the Queen (or King) of the party this weekend, though, I'd bring this! Let me know how it works for you, and don't forget to send pictures to me at ericashoults@gmail.com or tweet me at @ericamanaged.

Have a great weekend y'all and be safe!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me something sweet to get me by. :)

The Velveteen Peach © 2014