Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Sephora Beauty Consultation Review

Tuesday, February 17, 2015


For those of you who aren't aware, I happen to share my birthday with a holiday. It's like... my thing. I couldn't imagine it being any other way, because let me tell you, I'd probably hate Valentine's Day if that weren't the day I made my entrance into this earth. That's right, I hit the big 21 on the 14th, and as a gift to myself, I got a beauty consultation at Sephora, among many other things that I'll mention in another post soon!

The consultation I scheduled required a $50 purchase, but I had a gift card and I knew I was more than capable of spending that much, so I was golden. I scheduled my appointment about 2 weeks beforehand to make sure I could get it, as it was the friday of Valentine's weekend. So, when the day arrived, I went out in public as advised... Sans makeup. Yikes.



I arrived about 15 minutes early, and shopped as I waited for my consultant. Adding to the ever growing makeup wish list I've got tucked away in my bullet journal. At long last, an employee approached me to prepare my skin. She asked about my daily makeup routine, as I explained to her that, yes, although I work behind a desk and do not have contact with customers, I still do my makeup every single day. She gave me tips on what moisturizers to use and whatnot, and my consultant came over to get started. I let her know I was looking for a full coverage foundation look. although she said I didn't need it (I promise I do, the lighting in the photo above was just ridiculously forgiving), and that I had had issues contouring my fair skin without looking too orange. She addressed all my needs and any questions I had were answered! My biggest takeaway from the consultation is that I finally learned how to better contour, and even found not just one but TWO cool contour options!



This is how my makeup turned out. I felt so unbelievably pretty afterwards, and really I’ve been able to implement a much better highlight/contouring routine so that it looks a lot more natural!
These are the products (that I can remember) that were used for this makeover:

















What I left the store with:


At the end of the day, I loved this look. I definitely will be saving up for the majority of the products listed above! I also plan on reviewing the products I took home as well in another post!
Have you ever gotten a makover from Sephora? How did it go? Where else have you gotten a makeover from and loved? I'm always open to new experiences, so if you have somewhere to recommend, leave me a comment!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me something sweet to get me by. :)

The Velveteen Peach © 2014