Sunday, July 6, 2014

Life's a Peach! Sweet Tea

Sunday, July 6, 2014
If by now you haven't picked up on the fact that there's a slight peach theme for the blog, you need to rethink your observation skills. I've been fostering a slight obsession with peaches here lately, which started with this post. This weekend I decided to try something new for the holiday, and I was so pleasantly surprised that I thought I'd share here!


What you'll need:
2 Peaches
1.5 cups Sugar
Tea (black or iced tea bags, I used the gallon bags from Lipton)
Filtered Water

You're going to start by making a peach simple syrup, I based mine off of foodie misadventures version, but as it didn't make MY tea sweet enough, I did tweak it. Here's how:

Peach Simple Syrup:
In a small pan, combine 1 cup of water, 1.5 cups of sugar, and 2 peaches, pitted and sliced however you choose. 


Bring to a boil, once boiling wait one minute and remove from heat.
Let sit for 25-50 minutes, use a spoon to crush the peaches in the simple syrup.
At this point you can choose to strain the syrup, or you can leave the peaches in, but after that you're done! I love this because the hue is just gorgeous and it smells like liquid heaven. So good.


Now you need to make your tea. All I do to make my tea is bring 2 quarts of water to a boil, remove it from heat, and steep the tea for 3-5 minutes. Any more than that, and it's too bitter for me.

Pour into a gallon pitcher and add water until it's about 3 quarters of the way full so that you have room for your simple syrup.
Now earlier I mentioned that you can leave the peaches IN the syrup, or strain them out. I've done it both ways, and the general consensus is that if you want your tea to have a stronger peach flavor, leave the peaches in. If you take them out it will still taste peach-ey, but I like for the fruit flavor to keep infusing into the tea over time.

Once you've mixed it all together, add ice and voila! Perfect peach tea.



Keep stopping by on Sundays, I'll be posting my recipes once a week here every Sunday. And keep coming back through out the week, there's some big stuff happening and I'm so excited to share!

Happy holiday weekend, hope yours was a blast!

Stay peachy,






5 comments:

  1. Thanks Erica! This sounds simply southern & delicious! I'll be making this tonight. Sheila

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Erica! This sounds simply southern & delicious! I'll be making this tonight. Sheila

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you enjoy it as much as my family did!

      Delete
  3. Oh my goodness! That Looks amazing! Adding peaches to my grocery list right! Found your blog from the July Blog Hop on Bloggy Moms! So glad I found your blog! Following you on Bloglovin' now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you, darlin! I followed you back, and I Ioved your blog! I'm excited to see more in the future! xoxo

      Delete

Leave me something sweet to get me by. :)

The Velveteen Peach © 2014