Monday, June 16, 2014

Lemon Pepper Grilled Corn on the Cob

Monday, June 16, 2014
Big news... we got a grill.

 Yeah, yeah, I know that's not that much of an accomplishment, but I am overwhelmingly excited about this little doohickey. So excited, in fact, that while my family was visiting we put that baby to use. Unfortunately, we ate all of the food we made, but the silver lining here is that while I was trying (without much success) to find a recipe for grilled corn on the cob, I ended up having to make up my own version. Which means it's recipe time!



Okay, so here is what you'll need:

6 Ears of Corn
3/4 Cups of Butter, softened
1.5 Tbsp of Lemon Pepper Seasoning

  • First, you need to get a rather large container out and fill it with cold water. I had trouble keeping mine cold so I also put ice cubes in there.
  • Next, you will need to peel the corn husks away from the corn, as far down as you can safely go. Do not shuck it or remove the husks. Once the husk is peeled back, remove the silk. Now wrap the corn back into the husks the best you can and place them in the cold water for 20-25 minutes.

  • While the corn is in the water, mix the lemon pepper and butter and get some aluminum foil ready.
  • Once the corn has soaked in the cold water for long enough you're going to remove the husks and place the corn individually on pieces of aluminum foil. Bend the foil upwards so that it almost looks like a vessel for the buttery goodness you're about to lay on this corn. Seriously. This prevents the lemon pepper/butter mixture from escaping.
  • Cover the corn with the lemon pepper/butter mixture evenly until all of the butter is gone.
  • Wrap the corn cobs in the foil, leaving a bit of room for the steam and butter to circulate. Twist the foil at the ends so that it is sealed well.

  • Grill the corn on medium heat for about 15 minutes, rotating occasionally.

  • Remove corn from grill and thank me for creating such a delicious recipe ;)

I hope you all enjoy this as much as my family did! If you try it out, take pictures and let me know how it goes!








No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me something sweet to get me by. :)

The Velveteen Peach © 2014