Monday, June 2, 2014

Sausage and Cream Cheese Crescent Rolls

Monday, June 2, 2014


I don't have many recipes in my repertoire, but out of all of them this one has to be both the easiest and the most requested. I always make them when I'm looking to impress someone and fool them into thinking I'm a wonderful cook ;) The problem is, I can never find a recipe online that matches how I make them exactly, and I've found I prefer the way they taste with my recipe more than any other version I've tried. So without further ado, let's get cooking!


You need 3 ingredients:
2 cans of Crescent Rolls
1 lb of Sausage
1 8oz package of Cream Cheese

I know I put 2 packages of cream cheese in the picture, but disregard that. I made these at 10:30 at night, my sleepy goggles were on ;)

  • First, preheat your oven to 350
  • Then, get out your skillet and brown the sausage. You want to make sure it's just slightly crispy. Drain and crumble.
  • Next, fold in the cream cheese and mix well. I usually nuke mine in the microwave for about 30 seconds to make mixing easier, but if you don't like microwaves then you can just stir it until the heat of the sausage melts the cream cheese.



  • Roll out your crescent rolls, separate them by triangles, and spoon some of the sausage/cream cheese mixture onto each one. I usually use about 1-2 tablespoons of the mixture per crescent roll, but who has time for measurements?
  • Fold the two shorter corners of the crescent roll in over the sausage, then use the long end of the triangle to wrap it around. (I know it sounds difficult, but you'll see what I mean when you do it.) You can just roll them regularly at this point too, but I get the most compliments when I do them the complicated way ;)


  • Bake those suckers in the oven for 15-17 minutes, or until golden brown, and voila! You've done it!


Now sit back and enjoy some before everyone else scoops 'em up!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me something sweet to get me by. :)

The Velveteen Peach © 2014