Monday, January 19, 2015

Ipsy Glam Bag Review - January 2015

Monday, January 19, 2015

For those who don't subscribe, Ipsy is a monthly beauty subscription service for $10 each month that sends 4-5 makeup/beauty products that are either sample sized or full sized in a Glam Bag. If you want more information or if you want to sign up, I would greatly appreciate if you subscribed using my referral link.

I've  been a subscriber to Ipsy for about 6 months now, and every month I say I'm going to do a review, and then I don't. So this month, being the first month of this year, I'm sticking to my guns and I'm reviewing my January Glam Bag! Keep in mind, Ipsy is NOT paying me to write this review, nor are they sponsoring it. This review is based on my honest opinion, and that's what I'll be giving. Keep in mind as well that these are 5 of a large variety of products that Ipsy sent out this month, and that all bags may differ.


I'm going to be honest and say that this month's bag wasn't really exciting at all to me. I hate to complain, because this bag's value was about $40 when you get down to it. However, it seems that I get similar products every month. I've got enough cream/taupe colored eyeshadows and silver liners to last me a lifetime, and the truth of the matter is that silver eyeliner looks hideous on me. That being said, let's get to the individual product reviews, shall we?

Probelle "Into The Blue" Nail Lacquer - So this polish is a nice sky blue color, but I'm not digging it. I don't know if my recent obsession with Essie has spoiled me or if this polish is really just not the bees knees, but either way it's going in the "makeup extras" bag. The formula was just super watery and the color did NOT do my pasty mayonnaise complexion any justice.

Hikari Cosmetics Eyeliner in "Storm" - Let me reiterate my earlier statement: I look terrible in silver eyeliner. However, being the stubborn person I am, I will continue to try to wear it as long as I have it to wear. SO, being that this is the 3rd silver eyeliner Ipsy has sent me, I'm going to continue to try and try and try. This liner came in a very sturdy mechanical form, however, the liner itself was more of a dry texture, and getting it to go on was more work than was worth it. 

MALIN + GOETZ mojito lip balm - I love this. That's all there is to it. I love a good lip balm, and I love this. My lips rejoice.

 Pacifica Natural Mineral Coconut Eyeshadow in "Ethereal" - Color me pleasantly surprised with this eyeshadow! I was actually dreading this the most, as every single month I've been receiving a shadow in similar colors (for real, i have enough to supply the world now). I can admit when I'm wrong though, because I love using this shadow as not only a base but as a highlighter on my cheeks! I'm going to cry when I run out, because these shadows only come in palettes on the Pacifica site.

Elizabeth Mott All Over Shadow Brush - A pro of this brush is that it's super soft. I like. The con is that it doesn't really pick up color as well as I like my brushes to. The pro outweighs the con, however, and one can never have too many brushes, so I will say thank you Ipsy and continue to use this.

Well, that's it for this month's bag. I'm desperately hoping next month is a good bag since it's Valentine's Day (and my birthday, hollaaaa). Definitely hoping I start getting edgier products, but as for my overall feeling, I'm still pleased with Ipsy.

What did you get in your bag this month? How did you feel? If you reviewed a January Glam bag as well, link me to your post in the comments so I can check it out!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me something sweet to get me by. :)

The Velveteen Peach © 2014