Thursday, February 26, 2015

Ipsy Glam Bag Review - February 2015

Thursday, February 26, 2015

This months Ipsy Bag arrived for me on my birthday, so it was absolutely perfect timing! Not to mention, Ipsy has been stepping up their game recently in my opinion. Cue their redesigned website that makes it SO much easier to navigate! I'll cut to the chase here, but I do just want to say I'm so pleased with Ipsy lately and I'm glad they're improving!

Ipsy is NOT paying me to write this review, nor are they sponsoring it. This review is based on my honest opinion, and that's what I'll be giving. Keep in mind as well that these are 5 of a large variety of products that Ipsy sent out this month, and that all bags may differ.

I received the following in my February Glam Bag:


Mitchell And Peach Fine Radiance Face Oil

I love this product. I'm just now starting to formulate a skin care regimen that is working for me (I got my first wrinkle at 19--No really!-- so I need to step up my skincare game). Now you may be skeptical about applying OIL to your face, but trust me, the Mitchell and Peach Face Oil makes my skin so much brighter. I just apply it alone or under my moisturizer before I go to sleep and my skin looks refreshed when I wake up! LOVE this product!

ModelCo BLUSH Cheek Powder


Subscribers receiving the ModelCo blush in their Glam bag received one of 2 shades. Peach Bellini or Cosmopolitan. I received the shade Cosmopolitan, and while I was hoping to get the Peach Bellini (obviously, right? I know, I'm pretty transparent), I'm actually pretty pleased with this blush! It's subtle enough that I don't look like a clown when I don it, but buildable for those days that I need some extra colour. And the packaging is super cute, so there's that ;)

Up All Night Volumizing Spray by Eva NYC

Now, this may not be a fair review as I've not really used this product more than a couple times, but when it comes to the Up All Night Volumizing Spray... Meh. It says its purpose is to "add life and volume" to hair... I just don't see it. I didn't really experience a difference, as I do when I use the 450ยบ  Blow Out spray I received in a bag I got a few months ago by Style Sexy Hair. In the words (or word, rather) of my little H... Sowwy!

Creamy Lip Stain by City Color Cosmetics in Flirtini


Let me begin by saying I loved this product's formula... but the hot pink lip, guys. The hot pink lip is NOT my look. I keep receiving hot pink lip colors and I keep trying to wear them, and I keep ending up looking like what I refer to as a "lady of the night". Not a good shade for my fair complexion, but again the formula of the Creamy Lip Stain is amazing. It goes on quite matte and, well, creamy and it is actually pretty lasting. It didn't work on me, but it looks great on my mom!

Professional Eye Lash Curler by Emite Makeup

This eyelash curler is actually a pretty good makeup tool, especially considering the fact that my eyelash curler recently kicked the bucket. Ummmm also it is $25 DOLLARS full retail, so I was so excited to get this! I don't have much to say about this product, it's sturdy and it gets the job done without pulling my eyelashes out and killing me to death, and my eyelashes keep the curl longer. *borat voice* Verrry nice. ;)

That's it for my bag this month, as I said I'm really excited to see what other changes are in store for Ipsy!

What did you get in your Glam Bag this month and what was your favorite? If you haven't signed up for Ipsy and are looking to do so, please use my referral link and earn me some ipsypoints! If you have any questions, feel free to contact me on facebooktwitter, or email me!


2 comments:

  1. I've been ~kinda~ wanting to try ipsy. Which is better, Ipsy or Birchbox? I had a BB subscription back in the day :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I actually should be receiving my first Birchbox this week, so I'll keep you posted, but I do LOVE Ipsy! I think it's amazing if you want more makeup products, whereas Birchbox is more focused on Skin/Hair/Home products. I *feel* like you would like ipsy more, since I see you reviewing lots of makeup. :)

    ReplyDelete

Leave me something sweet to get me by. :)

The Velveteen Peach © 2014