Friday, March 13, 2015

My Skincare Regimen

Friday, March 13, 2015
The saying goes, "Love the skin you're in", yet I've only recently started to take measures to make sure that my skin lasts me as long as it can. I've been asked what my skin care regimen is a few times, and I love sharing it! However, I'm always looking to try new products, so if you have a go-to item, please let me know! Keep in mind as well that I am a newbie so, while you are free to ask me ANY questions, I'm by no means an expert. ;)




































I honestly am not even sure what to call my skin type. My cheeks and jawline stay super dry, but my nose and brow area are pretty oily. I try to use products to moisturize where I need it and help with oiliness where I need that as well. I typically like to do this at night, so I can give my skin a few hours to absorb all the nutrients and "breathe" before I put makeup on in the morning, so I start by washing all makeup off of my face. My favorite face wash is actually something you can pick up on the way home at your local Wal-Mart or grocery store, and that's Clean and Clear's Morning Burst Skin Brightening Facial Cleanser. I have tried a LOT of facial soap and this is by far the best to me. My skin looks visibly brighter after I wash my face with this, and my skin feels tighter and younger as well. However, it does tend to dry me out if used alone.

At this point I apply a small amount of Mitchell and Peach Fine Radiance Face Oil. I received this face oil in my February Ipsy bag, and I'm obsessed. Among quite a few other things, it  contains Vitamin E which acts as an anti-oxidant, as well as Vitamin B to even skin tone.

While my skin absorbs the face oil, I take some time to brush my teeth or braid my hair so that I make sure I'm absorbing the nutrients. Then, I get started with moisturizer. Now, this is the most important part for me. Moisturizing changed my life. My makeup stays on better, my skin feels softer, and honestly I'm not nearly as oily as I was before I started moisturizing, which is a common misconception. I bounce between Origins Drink Up Intensive Overnight Mask and Avon's Anew Clinical Overnight Hydration Mask. These two products are in the same price range, and they both work so well with my skin, which is why I bounce back and forth, depending on my mood. I will say that I prefer the scent of Origins more, and I've been a fan longer. You may remember it being featured in my August Beauty Faves post a few months back!

Lastly, I have SUCH dry lips, especially since I've begun wearing matte lipsticks! To fight this and keep my lips super smooth, I like to apply the Mojito Lip Balm by Malin and Goetz before I go to bed, and give my lips plenty of time to absorb all the moisture. This is another product that I received in a Glam Bag (read my review here), so Ipsy has really helped me to shape my routine!

I am loving this regimen, simply because I wake up feeling so much better! My skin is not as problematic, and my makeup is easier to apply. So tell me, what is your go to skincare routine, and what should I try? Maybe you'll see a follow-up post with the ideas and products I'm referred!

TGIF and have an amazing weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me something sweet to get me by. :)

The Velveteen Peach © 2014