Sunday, June 28, 2015

Spotlight Sunday: Volume 2

Sunday, June 28, 2015

Okay sugars, this weeks spotlight Sunday comes to you featuring only one brand: Too Faced. This week I recieved FOUR of their Melted Liquified Longwear Lipsticks to try and review, and I'm so thankful! If you've seen my makeup collection, you'll know that it consists of mostly lipsticks, and the four shades these came in are actually new to my collection, so I'm excited to tell y'all all about these!

The lightest shade I got was Melted Peony, which is a light dusty rose. This one is more sheer than the others, but once it dries it lasts quite a while! I layered it with a lipliner that matches my lips (I can't remember the brand) and that gave it even more staying power. I do wish it was a bit more pigmented.

Melted Jelly Donut was the next shade, and this one was way more pigmented than the Melted Peony, and was more of an opaque formula as opposed to the sheerness. Melted Jelly Donut was a bright pink-ish purple, the perfect color for a day by the pool.

The next shade I tried was Melted Candy, which was oh so hot pink! I'm not used to a shade so neon, but honestly I think it's super fun! This is a lot like Melted Jelly Donut, but with more of a true pink tone. Both proved, once again, the staying power of these lipsticks. I had to end up using a lip brush with them and the Melted Jelly Donut, because the applicator (while so soft and fluffy) applies a little messily, and once this is on your lips, it's staying!
Melted Berry was my favorite of the lot. This was the darkest shade Too Faced sent, and it's a beautiful, well... Berry color! Honestly, this was such a fitting name for this color. Melted Berry was less opaque than Melted Jelly Donut and and Melted Candy, but that gave it a softness. This is more of a gloss finish, but it's such a beautiful color.

My overall review on these? I have a love-hate relationship with the applicator. It's so soft, but I always always always have to switch to a lip brush to make it clean. HOWEVER, the staying power is amazing, and so surprising from lipsticks that are glossy. I have never experienced longevity like this from lipsticks that aren't matte, so that alone outweighs the slight negativity I feel for the applicator.


 This photo is of me wearing Too Faced Melted Peony Liquified Longwear Lipstick. Perfect shade of light pink for a demure lip!

What's your favorite shade of this Lipstick? Let me know in the comments below!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me something sweet to get me by. :)

The Velveteen Peach © 2014