Sunday, July 13, 2014

Cajun Chicken Alfredo

Sunday, July 13, 2014


I've had this recipe in my back pocket for over a month now, but have been too excited about all of the tasty drinks I've been making to post it. Honestly I had forgotten all about it until my mom called me and said, "I've been trying to make that pasta you made when we visited, but I can't make it right according to your brother. I searched your blog... but it's not there."

Oops.

I LOVE Cajun Alfredo of any kind, shrimp, chicken, sausage, I can't get enough. But when searching for recipes I always found out that they were super elaborate or just too time consuming. So without further ado, here's my easy peasy Cajun Chicken Alfredo!


3-4 Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts
1-2 jars Alfredo Sauce
Fettuccine noodles (Use however many you like, I used about 7oz if I remember correctly)
1 or 1.5 tbsp Cajun Seasoning
 1/8 tsp Salt
1/8 tsp Garlic Salt
1/8 tsp Pepper
1/4 tsp Dried Basil
2 tbsp Butter
OPTIONAL: 1 Tomato, chopped


Start by cutting your chicken breasts into strips or small pieces.
Once that's done, get a pot of water boiling for your pasta.
Melt your butter and mix with the cajun seasoning in a medium sized bowl. Add chicken and mix together before putting all 3 in a skillet.
Cook the chicken until done all the way through.
Meanwhile, add your fettuccine to the boiling water and make according to directions on the package.
Once both the chicken and the pasta is done, mix them together along with your alfredo sauce.
Add your garlic salt, pepper, salt, dried basil, and chopped tomato (if you chose to add it) at this time and mix all together thoroughly.

Serve and enjoy the compliments! I always love to make this because it satisfies my cajun alfredo cravings and it's so easy to make! Y'all can tell by now I'm way into easy dinners so this is perfect!

Hope you enjoyed, stay tuned, next week is dessert! Have an awesome week!






1 comment:

  1. Mmmm! That looks sooooooo good!
    Hi! Stopping by from Mom Bloggers Club. Great blog!
    Have a nice day!

    ReplyDelete

Leave me something sweet to get me by. :)

The Velveteen Peach © 2014